- The Disney Gallery will open on September 26th in the old Bank of America building. The building was the Annual Passholder Processing Site prior to this year.
- Space Mountain will get a Halloween overlay known as Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy for the Halloween season.
- Halloween fireworks at Disneyland this fall will feature Jack Skellington.
- Skyway building in WDW will be dismantled soon.
- Three year boys old like Autopia, Astro-Orbiter and Toy Story Midway Mania.
- The Wonderful World of Color seems to be progressing nicely.
- Nate recommends the Main Street vehicles at Disneyland.
- Matt believes that Castaway Creek is more than a lazy river, moreover a mode of transportation for the park not unlike the railroad at the Magic Kingdom.
- Matt believes that the 360 films at Epcot are really underappreciated, and that Morocco is not a very good spot to watch Illuminations.
Correction: Don Knotts was NOT was in Herbie Rides Again, but rather Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo.
- In Downtown Disney: Westside the recently closed Virgin Megastore will soon be home to Diana: The Peoples Princess exhibit.
- Stitches SuperSonic Celebration, a stage show in Tomorrowland that opened in May of 2009 is now closed. It may reopen in the fall. Correction: In the show I noted that this was located in the old Galaxy Palace Theater. This was my mistake. It was actually located on a stage near the old Skyway attraction.
- Hong Kong Disneyland is going to add more miniature lands after the announced $900 million expansion that was agreed to by the Chinese government and Disney.
The Universe of Energy was sponsored by Exxon from 1982 to 2004. The pavilion houses just one attraction, despite its enormous size. The vehicles within the attraction are partially powered by the photovoltaic solar cells along the top of the building
Originally the preshow used a new film technology that utilized moving blocks. After the preshow you moved into theater I, loaded the vehicle and saw a four minute film that looked at the origin of life. The vehicles then moved through a Dinosaur diorama that immersed you within the exhibit with 34 Audio Animatronics. Many of the dinosaurs were inspired by the dinosaurs featured in the Magic Skyway attraction at the 1964 World Fair. You then moved into Theater II and watched a 12 minute film on.......energy. Then it moved into Theater I and watched a laser show that reflected onto mirrored walls.
Outside the pavilion was the energy section of Communicore East full of exhibits about energy including:
- A wind and solar power station
- A nuclear exhibit with an interactive nuclear reactor
- There was a giant offshore drilling platform
- Mini theaters and areas for kids including interactive energy
The exhibits closed with the opening of Innoventions in 1994.
The original incarnation of the Universe of Energy closed in Jan of 1996. The newer version opened in September of 1996 as Ellens Energy Adventure. The preshow changed as it then introduced you to Ellen and the story's plot.
From there you move into Theater I where Ellen and Bill Nye the Science Guy talk about the Big Bang Theory, and then into the Dinosaur Diorama. The newer version has two more Audio Animatronics than before. You then move into Theater II and are presented with a fake newscast about energy set at different dates in history. In Theater II Ellen learns about different types of energy from Bill Nye and then rejoins Jeopardy. From there we move back to Theater I to conclude Jeopardy. Unfortunately there is no extension of the pavilion anymore in a Communicore Type setting.